School spirit sees big turnout

Sean DiNicola '22, Staff Reporter

From Sports Team Day, to Tacky Tourist Day, and finally Frosh Olympics, the annual Spirit Week had something for everyone.

Held Aug. 26 through Aug. 30, this event helped kick off the school year and bring together all students, especially freshmen, through activity-themed days. 

On Monday, students represented their favorite sports teams, from football to baseball.  Tuesday, students dressed up in their future college or previous school wear. Wednesday was House Color Day and Thursday was Tacky Tourist Day. The week wrapped up with the famous Frosh Olympics and Purple/Gold Day. 

Students loved this week with Andrei Lynch commenting, “I enjoyed this year’s spirit week. I really liked tacky Tourist Day the best because I could dress up like a tourist.”  

During Frosh Olympics, games like musical chairs, basketball, and paper toss, allowed all students to participate. This year, Russi was victorious, beating out the other three competitors, but Bolts was top of the leaderboard at the end of Spirit Week 

I was surprised when I saw that Russi won,” said Andrei Lynch ‘22. “I remember people in the halls were screaming and so was I. Russi rocks!”

This tradition of bringing the school together started more than three decades ago, according to Mr. Klobas.

Since 2017, the formation of the house system has reinforced the focus on brotherhood.

We can expect the next Spirit Week in November with even more fun activities. Will Russi win another Frosh Olympics, or will the other houses prevail? With all the awesome things going on during Spirit Week, is there anything that could make it more fun? One student had a great idea for a change, which is, “I would like more creative themes, like costume day. But besides that, it was really good.

Overall, both teachers and students enjoyed this year’s Spirit Week. It is all about participation, and students and teachers gave it their all!