New Freshman Captains named

Lizandro Munoz '22, Staff Reporter

This past August, Archbishop Riordan’s Student Parliament welcomed its new Freshman Captains. There are a total of eight freshman, two per house representing their class. They have all been able to participate in student parliament and bring new ideas to the table.   

Student Activities Director Joey Klobas ‘07 said, “I think the freshmen bring a whole new outlook into things that Student Parliament has been focusing so heavily on.”

Freshman Captain and Bolts Freshman Captain Joseph Zuloaga ‘23 said, “My opinion on Student Parliament is that it’s a good thing because we are the voice for all the students. This is why it’s a good thing that Student Parliament is divided by houses. It’s also good because we need Student Parliament to organize many student activities including rallies, dances, etc.”

Joseph said, “I decided to join Student Parliament because I want to make the school a better place. We can improve and enhance the Riordan experience in many areas, the House System being the biggest area. We can make more activities related to the House system so students can free up their mind of class stress in fun activities”. 

He also said that if he were to describe Student Parliament in one word, it would be Brotherhood because “All of the members are united for one cause: to make the Riordan experience better for everyone.”

Klobas said, “By getting involved, you’ll find out if you like something or not. I did Freshman Football when I was here and It wasn’t until I got involved  that I realized it wasn’t for me.” 

Klobas added, “We do a lot of things for the school as a whole and keeping the schools morale up through our rallies, dances, and other different things we do.”

Joseph said, “The thing I like about Student Parliament is that you are able to make a change in the school. You can also express your opinion and know that you will be listened to since all of the members share the same goal of improving the school.”

In addition, “What I also like about Parliament is that it is a leadership opportunity in school and it will help you grow your leadership skills so you can use them further in life. Another thing that I like about Student Parliament is that you can plan many activities like dances and rallies and express ideas to improve those events and make them fun for all the students.”