More new staff added to Riordan family

Jonathan Godoy ’21, Staff Reporter

Sabrina Andreatta recently joined the World Languages Department as a teacher’s assistant. Andreattagraduated from USF in 2018 and studied environmental science and American Sign Language. Andreatta is passionate about deaf culture and wanted a more prominent role in teaching others about it. She also helped a non-profit called Cuesa, which helps teach people about their environment and nutrition.

Matt Fochtman comes from the San Mateo Office of Education to join Riordan. Fotchman previously worked as a substitute teacher and paraeducator. He now helps Admissions Director Danny Curtain with enrollment and monitors the financial aspect of the school. Fochtman previously coached basketball at Riordan but then went on to coach at Skyline College. Fochtman said, “The strength in brotherhood is awesome and the community really embraces one other.

Father Goran Jovicic is new to the Campus Ministry team. Fr. Goran joined the priesthood and helped at the Hungarian Catholic Mission and at Woodside Priory School before coming to Riordan. Fr. Goran helps with the spiritual needs of students and faculty, Mass and communion, and spiritual retreats. Father Goran said, “I’m excited to see the school. I think there is a lot of potential here and hope that someone will consider priestly vocation or a role in religious life.”

Eris He is the newest addition to the Engineering Program. She comes straight out of Georgia Tech. She enjoys playing violin, writing, and creating art whenever she has time. She advises, “Have faith in yourself and your abilities and always keep moving forward.”

Scott Kidd is a member of the Engineering Program, having previously attending Brown University. He worked at Google for a couple of years and helped with an after school coding program. Kidd then made his way to Riordan to begin running the Engineering Program. He teaches coding classes, and moderates the Dungeons and Dragons club that meets every Wednesday after school in 208.

Pei-Ling Lee is a new addition to Riordan High School’s Development Team and the residency staff. Before she joined the ARHS community, she went to Boston College, where she recently graduated. She is proficient in many aspects of media and helps the Development Department as a media contract specialist. She also enjoys doing yoga and is fluent in Mandarin.