Administration considers khaki pants modification

Edric De Mesa ’19, Staff Writer

The Riordan apparel has undergone several changes through the past few years. This year, the strict rule on the brand of khakis worn was intertwined with the casual Friday spirit shirt and house shirts.

Recently, however, a new proposition from the Riordan Administration has arisen and been brought to the attention of the student body.

Starting in the 2019-2020 school year, any form of khakis can be worn as part of the school uniform, excluding formal events. During formal events, students are will be required to wear the regular formal attire along with A+ khakis.

The change of khakis from strictly A+ to a more relaxed and broader rule of a wider range of khakis, such as Dockers, is much more casual and lighter for the student body.

Upon hearing the speculation of the new uniform change, the student body seemed unmoved by the change, as some contend that they do not follow the rule anyway. Given this information, if the new rules are passed, the students will most definitely be expected to follow the guidelines.

Director of Student Activities Joey Klobas ’07 said, “If the changes go through with the uniform, the students will be more likely to comply with the new rules.”

The student body has shown signs of resistance to change over the past few years, such as towards the new House System, previous uniform change, and the multiple schedule adjustments. Many have also often talked negatively and been pessimistic of new ideas implemented.

However, Crusaders in and around the campus appear joyous about this proposal. It seems that the general opinion of this new modification of the Student Handbook uniform guidelines will be happily welcomed by the Riordan students.