Brothers Faller reflect on ‘fatherhood’

Captured by The Crusader Staff

The Bothers Faller participated in a Zoom discussion about two kinds of fatherhood.

Ethan Vargas ‘23, Staff Reporter

Not one, not two, and not three, but four Fathers?  Call them the Brothers Faller. Our very own Fr. Cameron Faller and his three brothers are all Fathers: two are priests in the Archdiocese of San Francisco and two are married men with children.

Recently, three of the four brothers held a Zoom discussion to tell how they experienced God’s calling in order to help determine their vocation in life. Fr. Cameron responded to what it was in God’s calling that made him want to become a priest, and some might be surprised to hear that when he was younger, he never thought he had the talents necessary to be a priest. 

He said, “Like most young men, I envisioned being married with children. However, when I went to Cal Poly to study engineering after high school, I had this lingering sense that something more or different was being asked of me in life.”

Despite some fears and concerns, he decided to take a leap of faith and enter seminary. He was ordained to the Priesthood for the Archdiocese of San Francisco on June 6, 2015 by Archbishop Salvatore J. Cordileone. 

Fr. Cameron’s brothers, who are all about three years apart, actively practice their faith. Fr. Kyle Faller is an associate pastor at St. Rafael’s parish at Mission San Rafael. He was ordained a priest in 2019. Garrett Faller contemplated the possibility of becoming a priest but decided he was called to married life. He is now married with three children. Ryan Faller, the eldest brother, is a Catholic School administrator and is also married with four children.

“Since we share common values, we have great conversations and we challenge each other to grow in faith and holiness. I see my brothers as one of the greatest gifts in my life. I attribute our current faith and friendship to the power of God’s grace.”

— - Father Cameron Faller