New football coach invigorates community culture

Coach+Adhir+Ravipatis+focus+on+community+has+won+him+many+fans.+

Jameson Datoc '23

Coach Adhir Ravipati’s focus on community has won him many fans.

Gigi Richardson ’24, Staff Reporter

The Riordan varsity football team began the season strong. At publication time, the varsity team has a 3-4 record, currently ranked seventh in The West Coast League. 

Adhir Ravipati is the new head coach of the varsity football team this year. Coach Adhir led Menlo-Atherton High School for four years, winning two CCS titles and one CIF 3-AA state title. He also served as the quarterback coach and was the offensive analyst for the College of San Mateo this past season. 

Varsity football player Zachary Jones ’23 said his goals for this season are to win league, continue to build a stronger relationship with his teammates on and off the field, and have fun.”

[our goals are] to win league, continue to build a stronger relationship with his teammates on and off the field, and have fun.

— Zachary Jones '23

The team’s main objective is to advance to the state championship. 

“Winning state would be so sick, especially for the seniors. I think they’ve been working hard and I think that would be something great to do for them,” said Michael Mitchel Jr. ’26, who is also the starting quarterback on the varsity. 

In addition, Mitchel discussed his other coaches, Coach JP and Coach Willie. 

Running back Charlie Johnson ’24 stretches out an extra yard (Sean Reyes ’25 )

“Coach JP does a really good job, similar to Coach Adhir. He’s really intelligent, and I’ve learned a lot from him in just three months. Coach Willie, my quarterback coach, he’s also helped me develop a lot and I’m really grateful for that.” 

This season, the football team will continue to shine as they strive to become state champions.