Discovering delicious dim sum delights

Dumpling Time

Dumpling+Time+on+Division+Street+in+San+Francisco+serves+delectable+BBQ+pork+bao%2C+Beijing+noodles%2C+soup+dumplings%2C+edamame%2C+and+sesame+balls.+

Edward Ramos '23

Dumpling Time on Division Street in San Francisco serves delectable BBQ pork bao, Beijing noodles, soup dumplings, edamame, and sesame balls.

Edward Ramos '23, Campus News Editor

If you’re in the mood for some dim sum delights, Dumpling Time in San Francisco is a must-visit. From the moment you step inside, the inviting, warm atmosphere and the tantalizing aroma of fresh dumplings will make your mouth water.

My favorite dish was undoubtedly the BBQ pork bao. With a filling so rich and flavorful that it could make your taste buds sing, and a perfectly seared texture that added a satisfying crunch, it was an absolute treat for the senses. Biting into one of these is like heaven on Earth (for barbecue lovers). Fun fact: bao is a type of Chinese steamed bun that can be filled with anything from meat to vegetables to custard, but the BBQ pork filling in this bao is a must-try.

The soup dumplings, or XLB Xiao Long Bao, were another standout dish, with a savory broth tucked away inside each delicately crafted dumpling. And for those who like a bit of spice, the chili pork dumplings were just the right balance of heat and flavor, with the chili sauce perfectly complementing the juicy pork, cabbage, and green onion filling.

The shrimp har gow was a simple yet satisfying dish, with a nice texture and just enough flavor to make it a worthy addition to any dim sum feast. On the lighter side, the edamame was perfectly cooked, carrying a strong seasoning of salt and Szechuan peppercorn that elevated the natural flavor of the soybean pods.

While not as bold in flavor as some of the other dishes, the Beijing noodles were still a tasty and filling option. A decent amount of pork was given, but all the more, there was a garlic kick that will leave you feeling satisfied.

To finish the feast we could not forget the sesame balls,  which were an experience themselves. Served warm, the filling was perfectly sweet and moist while the outside held a solid texture surrounded by sesame seeds that was spot-on. It was hard to resist ordering more.

Overall, Dumpling Time is a great choice for those seeking a memorable and delicious dim sum experience. With an impressive selection of dumplings, noodles, and other treats, there’s something for everyone here. Don’t hesitate to pay them a visit and try the BBQ pork bao, soup dumplings, edamame, and sesame balls – you won’t regret it!