Riordan welcomes new chaplain, Fr. Quinn ’70

Photo by Noah David ’22

Fr. Mike Quinn ’70, Riordan’s new chaplain, celebrates the Mass of Our Lady of the Pillar this month in the gym.

Kevin Guinasso ’22

After 50 years, Father Mike Quinn returned to Riordan as the new chaplain. He graduated in the Class of 1970.

Father Quinn thinks of Riordan as a special place where he cherishes the memories he made with his classmates when he was a student here. He likes the way Riordan has grown and developed over the past 50 years. The upgrade of the facilities, the addition of technology in the classrooms, and the integration of international boarding students and coed classmates makes Riordan a more current and exciting campus.

Prior to rejoining Riordan, Father Quinn worked at St. Mary’s Star of the Sea in Sausalito and is now at St. Brendan’s in San Francisco.

After Father Cameron Faller left last year, the position for Riordan’s chaplain was open. The Archdiocese asked Father Quinn if he wanted to work at Riordan and he accepted.

“Coming to Riordan was the best decision of my life, and I didn’t even make the decision,” said Father Quinn.

When asked about his new colleague, Deacon Joseph Leblanc ’78 said, “He’s a great guy. He is a pastoral and respectable man, and always tries to go out of his way to help other people.”

Father Quinn plans to help and work for a better future at Riordan. When asked about the goal she has for his first year at he said, “Embrace the Marianist tradition and assist the community, faculty and staff in that spirituality.”

Riordan’s staff, students, and alumni are excited and honored to have Father Quinn here, and look forward to him bringing his knowledge and experience from the past to the present and leading the school into the future.