Tech companies offer deals to holiday shoppers

Consumers flock to stores on Black Friday in search of discounts

Jameson Datoc '23

Shoppers at Best Buy stroll down the aisles looking for the best tech deals on Black Friday, the official start of the holiday shopping season. Black Friday was followed by Small Business Saturday, Cyber Monday–which focuses on online shopping – and Giving Tuesday.

Daniella Lainez '26, Staff Reporter

It seems like yesterday, when students were sitting out in the sun and enjoying a day at the beach. The holiday season swooped in and took over with all of the festivities that come with it.

Before Christmas carols flood the airwaves, shoppers hit the stores for Black Friday, the traditional start of the holiday shopping season.

Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, is when consumers rush out to stores, stand in line waiting for the doors to open, and wade through hundreds of equally ambitious shoppers to catch hot deals on the most wanted products.

Before the Thanksgiving break, Nykol Rodriguez ’26 said, “I am excited to buy gifts for my family and purchase a new keyboard for my iPad on Black Friday.”

Black Friday is a great opportunity to buy gifts for loved ones. Amazon had up to a 50 percent discount on multiple electronic devices for sale. A few examples were Samsung Galaxy tablets, fire tablets, and many gaming accessories. They also offered a 2020 Apple MacBook Air Laptop: Apple M1 Chip, 13 inch screen for $799.

Anthony Tentes ’26, added, “I am going to buy a new gaming device for my cousins to use over the holidays.”

At Target, they offered up to 25 percent off smart TVs and up to 40 percent off on computers.

At HP, there were multiple sales of computers and computer accessories, such as e-readers, headphones, and much more.

Black Friday was followed by Cyber Monday, with offers including 25 percent off Sony’s PlayStation Plus subscription, up to 50 percent off of select games at GameStop, and 30 percent off gaming accessories at Best Buy, according to BusinessInsider.com.