Winter dance cancelled

Dominic Borrego ’20, Staff Reporter

The Winter Dance was cancelled due to overlapping schedules.

Vherny Rustrian ’19, School Vice Captain of Program, was very disappointed when he heard the news first because he and others put in a lot of hard work to make the event a success, but members of Student Parliament are already planning the next big event, the winter rally.

The upcoming winter rally and spirit week will be run by student parliament under the School Vice Captain of spirit Cheyne Fernandez ’20, working with the house councils of Bolts and Cana.

One of the main activities that student parliament runs are the spirit weeks and spirit rallies. Lately, there has been more emphasis on connecting the two throughout the week With lunchtime sports being played all week to have the final at the rally, it really strengthens both events, and yields a hefty amount of house points to the winners of each activity.

Most importantly, it builds a stronger bond between the students, and for them to appreciate the school they go to. Cheyne said the goal is, “building a community in school, to have more pride and spirit, to shed light on appreciation for our school.”

The lunchtime games for the upcoming spirit week, spirit days, and rally details are currently being decided upon. Cheyne said, “Since the dance got cancelled, the next spirit week will have to make up for that.”