Everyone’s favorite web-slinger smashes box offices records

Vee Chen '25

Stan Lee’s Spider-Man has become larger than life.

Talia Bumanglag '24, Staff Reporter

Spider-man has finally returned to the big screen after its original release date was delayed due to the pandemic. Spider-Man: No Way Home broke records on its opening weekend at the box office, and exceeded fan expectations. 

The film has officially surpassed Avengers: Infinity War and Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and continues to shatter box office records, earning itself $260 million and the number two spot in biggest domestic openings of all time. Major spoilers ahead for those who still have not seen it.

The story picks up directly after Spider-Man: Far From Home as Peter’s identity is revealed. Peter then has to deal with grief and villains from other universes appearing after a botched spell. But the only way to bring them back is at the cost of everyone forgetting who he is. 

They bring back classic villains such as Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Electro, Sandman, The Lizard and also welcome the other Spider-Men: Toby Maguire and Andrew Garfield. This is the first look into how the multiverse affects the current Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). 

Students have expressed that this is the best Marvel movie they had ever seen, and people online have continued to praise it even after a month since its release. Tom Holland gave a show stopping performance, and has easily won the hearts of people around the world. 

Many scenes were worth rewatching, but the intense fight scenes were especially amazing to watch. The ultimate fight sequence featuring all three Spider-Men had movie-goers in awe and left an indescribable atmosphere throughout the theater, full of nostalgia and almost two decades worth of anticipation for this final fight.

The story gave us a taste of what the multiverse holds, and with Dr. Strange: Multiverse of Madness being Marvel’s next movie release, we will see how the multiverse will broaden the MCU as we know it.